Saturday, September 15, 2012

Soaking Up the Last of Summer

This past week has made it more and more apparent that fall is on its way.  Jody and I have been trying our best to get the girlies out in the sunshine while we can, because lord knows it will be too cold before we know it.  

Last Saturday, we decided to load up our wagon......



Get it?

.....and head out for the neighborhood park.  As usual, Taylor wanted to swing the entire time, but once Jody and I reached the point of our arms feeling as though they could fall off, we bribed her onto the rest of the playground.


Hopefully this isn't an indication of a future career path.



Not sure which of my three kids had more fun.




Look at that face and tell me I'm not in for it.

As I mentioned before, fall has been trying to sneak in to our area, and while I'm ready for cooler weather, I'm not ready for the whole "stuck indoors 24-7" part.  


Ava's apparently ready though.  She's working out her Al Bundy skills now.

Fortunately though, today was a bit warmer, so the girls and I made a beeline for the zoo while Jody was at work this morning.  I didn't think Ava would give a flip about being pushed around in the stroller all day, but I was dead wrong.  She had a blast pointing and chattering at all the animals, and Taylor just liked being able to run amok.


The damn tiger wouldn't cooperate with my photo-op.  Ava's making up for it by growling at me in her stripy pants.


This is how 90% of my attempts to get a good picture of them in front of an exhibit turned out.  


Taylor LOVED the herpetarium.  No, that's not where they quarantine the animals with herpes, it's where the creepy-crawlies hang out.  Her favorite was the bullfrog, hands down.


Oh yeah, I was there too!  Aggie shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment