Wednesday, February 25, 2009

21 Week Checkup

Well, we went to see the doctor today, and everything is good.  I do have to cut out salt on account that I'm retaining enough water that it has caused me to develop carpal tunnel in my right hand.  Oh well, small price to pay!  But Dr. Ruiz looked over the video of our last sonogram and said that everything looks great, my placenta is a little low though (nothing terribly uncommon), so he wants to take another look in 4 weeks to make sure it moves up to where it's supposed to be.  He seems to think that we're hatching a girl on account that you couldn't see anything in the way of determining a gender.  Apparently if you don't see anything at all it's probably a girl.  But we are still scheduled for an ultrasound at my school this coming Tuesday, so keep your fingers crossed that this time we can get a definitive answer!  And for anyone that's worried that we've had a crap-ton of sonograms, it's perfectly safe, I promise.  All ultrasound is is high frequency sound waves (x-rays is where the dangerous stuff is).  But hopefully we'll have some news soon, believe me we're dying of anticipation too!  Other than that, all is well here.  I have my second of three comp tests next week for school, and work has been keeping Jody very busy.  Hope everyone is well and we'll have another update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment