Friday, June 19, 2009

37 Weeks

As you can see, I'm still prego, still getting more and more massive with every passing day. We went to the doctor this week and I'm also still not dilated, and the baby hasn't even dropped down anywhere close to proper position. Needless to say, I'm more than a little frustrated right now, I was hoping to at least be making some sort of progress here, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get that lucky. In the meantime, I'm still waddling around in the heat and humidity, and I think we've got everything ready for when the baby finally does make her appearance (except for a backpack, because I'm pretty sure it'll be time to send her to college once she finally comes!). As far as all of the "sure fire" methods of hurrying the process along yourself, I've tried everything just short of castor oil (I'm not that desperate yet). I'm pretty sure all of these ideas are actually just a cruel joke to see how desperate a pregnant lady will get and just what someone will believe!

In other news, Jody and I are having a pretty uneventful summer. Jody has once again become reacquainted with his old hobby of reloading, and I've been reading and making salsa. Our tomatoes and jalapenos have come in rather well, and salsa just seemed like the most logical thing to do with our little crops. Alice and Cleo have been especially needy as of late, Alice sits at the patio door howling at least once during the day because she wants to lounge on the patio. Cleo seems to think I'm growing an egg and that it's her exclusive duty to hatch it. I can't sit down without her immediately running over to perch on my stomach. We think this may be some sort of evil plan to smother the baby early!


No comments:

Post a Comment