Yesterday I was watching Taylor play in her astronaut chair (that's what I call that saucer looking thing I'm always taking pictures of her in), and I couldn't help but wonder if she is getting bored looking at the same old toys that she's had forever. Up until now, Jody and I have been very pragmatic parents and didn't see much need in buying toys because she really didn't pay much attention to them. However, in the last week or so, she has started to reach for things and even has begun grabbing them and taking them straight to her mouth. Mike and Ted (the toys that dangle from the astronaut chair) have been getting knocked around quite a bit, and she seems to be losing interest. So, today we went for our first toy shopping experience at Toys R Us. We came out with a dragonfly, a glow worm (this was a much bigger hit than I would have ever imagined), and a crinkly stuffed lion with chewy feet. So far, she has done a brief road test with everything and really likes them all. I have a feeling that this may be a slippery slope however! It was hard not to buy everything they had to offer in her age range!
This guy was a lot of fun. She grabbed him immediately and hung on for dear life.
Yeah, apparently the dragonfly is pretty tasty. As soon as she was able to get a good grip on him she wanted it in her mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment