Well, I'm sad to report that Taylor has finally acquired her first sickness other than a cold. I took her to the doctor last Monday because she was super fussy and really got mad when laid on her back. Doc blamed it all on a cold, because even though she was snot-tastic her ears were clear. Well, Thursday night I came in from work and noticed that Munkie was hot as a Christmas ham. That night she ran a fever of 100.3, and by morning it was only down to 99.7. In the interest of staving off her first trip to the ER a little longer, I went ahead and made an appointment with her doc again. Mind you, even though my kid was uber roasty, she was in the best of moods. Smiling at everyone who walked by her and kicking her legs all around. Lo and behold, this time her poor little ears were so gunked up with SMELLY wax they couldn't even see the eardrum without having to do a cleanout. That went over like a lead balloon. After 15 minutes of digging (Doc) and screaming (Taylor), the pediatrician was finally able to diagnose Taylor with her very first ear infection. She is now taking amoxicillin, and still seems to feel relatively fine. Apparently the amoxicillin tastes like bubblegum which makes it especially tasty to little munkies!
Reigning Pope of the Catholic ducks.
No comments:
Post a Comment