Saturday, May 14, 2011

Some Updates

First and foremost, I went to the doctor this past Wednesday for my 30 week checkup. Everything is still going well with little Ava, and we'll do another sonogram (including a 3-D shot of her face) in 2 weeks. After much whining and attempted bribery I did get my doctor to concede to inducing me at 39 weeks if I don't go into labor on my own before then. So, that said, we will be having this baby in less than 9 weeks! Holy single digits Batman! And yeah, guess who still hasn't even started rearranging furniture for the nursery or sorting through Taylor's old clothes. Seriously though, I find it hard to even find the motivation to brush my teeth every night before bed because I'm just so damn tired and achy.



Me & Ava at 30 weeks. Yes, we have reached the stage where its more comfortable to wear a muumuu than pants.


In Taylor-land we woke up sick at 3:00 this morning, yippee. After yet another visit to urgent care we were diagnosed with "the usual," which is strep with an ear infection for us. The doctor said that there is some foreign object in her right ear, he was unsure if it was her tube working its way out or if she has jammed something in there, but because her ear is so gunky he couldn't really tell what he was looking at. Plus, since this is our 3rd bout with strep since starting daycare in March, he suggested we talk to her ENT about having her tonsils out. I won't lie, I'm all for it. We are due for a new set of tubes anyway (the best invention EVER), and we may as well get them out while she's in for their installation. And as a bonus, she even barfed in our van on the way home. Needless to say, I'm now off of chocolate donuts and milk for a little while.

As for Jody, he is loving his work. I find it funny that when I ask him how his day was, his response is "a lot of fun!" Lucky bastard. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job, but rarely do I come home from a day of boobie mashing and feel that I had a blast doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment