Oh my, where does the time fly off to? Seriously, I remember bringing my little wolf-baby home from the hospital like it was yesterday. And here we are, officially at five months! I'm happy to report that Lil' Bit is weighing in at a healthy 18 lbs. (This info was provided by our pediatrician at an impromptu visit this past Friday for suspected croup. I'm still not 100% sold that she actually had croup, but either way, the steroid shot has cleared up her cough and she is now also able to bench press 45 lbs.) Ava is also getting close to being able to sit up all by herself.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Bumble Bee. This sort of counts as sitting, right? In other achievements, Ava is doing great on solids, and I think we've finally found the magic combination levels of solids and formula so that stuff stays down a little better. She is also the master of the "raspberry" aka - "mouth fart" and seems to find that to be the height of self-entertainment.
In the process of Jody and I trying to get a picture of Ava "sitting" in front of the Christmas tree, Taylor was feeling a bit left out. Suddenly in the midst of our photography failings, Taylor popped out with, "Taylor, hold you Ava!" Holy crap. This was a moment not to be passed on, since I've been dying for five long months to get a decent picture of them together. You may remember our failed attempts at this experiment earlier this summer. Both of my kids were crying while my niece Kadey was a total picture taking champ. In case you missed it, here's what I'm talking about.
We also discovered on this day that both of my kids are allergic to the grass in the rich part of town. Hence the crying, pouting, and owie-pointing-out in this photo. Not exactly a Kodak moment.
Anyhoo, after some careful positioning, we actually got a few successful snaps of them together, hooray! And I only had to wait five months to get this. God knows how long it'll take to get another, but that's ok, at least I have a couple for the scrapbook.
Getting into position. Notice that their heads are almost the same size already?
Seriously, how sweet is this? Ignore the TV remote to Taylor's right that totally detracts from the whole atmostphere......

No comments:
Post a Comment