Nothing out of the usual here, we're still doing our best to pretend it's summer around here, and we're still plugging away at our house (By we, I'm referring to all the contractors that are doing the actual work. We're just going by and taking lots of pictures.). The girls both seem to be on a developmental growth spurt. Taylor is becoming a little person with a major personality. She is speaking in full sentences now, and most of the time you can even understand her ;)
Little Miss Divalicious. Not that anyone's really surprised by that.
Oh, and we are OFFICIALLY 100% potty trained! Not so much as a skid mark in Taylor's underwear in a week, and she even pooped at school yesterday. She's even been sleeping in her underwear, not a pullup, for about a month now with zero accidents. I realize I've just jinxed myself to changing her sheets in the morning, but it's still cause to brag considering how hard the journey has been.
Ava is also starting to do some amazing things. She's army-crawling all over the place, and will babble "Bababababba," to whoever will listen. She is also taking a bath without the aid of her bath seat! Next on the to-do list is to break the pacifier habit. I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to that endeavor. It's so much easier just to pop it in when she gets fussy, plus we never had to break Taylor (she opted out in favor of her thumb on her own), so this is new territory for me.
In case you didn't know, I have twins. They even have the same taste in headgear.
Ava also got her first set of goat-horns today, courtesy of the lovely ladies at daycare that get bored enough to guinea pig hairstyles on the babies.
I'm not sure what these things are on my head, but I am not amused.
I couldn't help it, this reminded me a lot of a picture I took of Taylor's first goat horns right around her first birthday.
Hmm, I think they might just be related.
Also, our house actually looks like a house now! Or a pyramid if you ask Jody. I don't care, it's ours, and I'm damned excited to have it.
The Plywood Pyramid. We're going to change our last name to Pharoah, or Sphynx.
Also, while all of this excitement was going on, my baby hit the eight month mark! How did that happen so quickly?
Also, while all of this excitement was going on, my baby hit the eight month mark! How did that happen so quickly?
No comments:
Post a Comment