Monday, March 5, 2012

Tubes!

After a grueling two months of non-stop ear infections, we finally got Ms. Ava's tubes installed this morning. She did really well during the super fast procedure, and was only grumpy once she woke up. If you have not seen this kid when she's hungry, you have no idea of just how pissed she can get. But we survived it, even though I'm pretty sure everyone in recovery was thankful to see us go. The doctor did report that the gunk in her ears was super thick, which means that after her first ear infection, it never really cleared up. That's why they kept coming back in spades.

Once we got home, the anger wore off, and she is a new baby. I've never seen this kid so bubbly and happy. She's normally pretty chill, but today, she wanted my undivided attention, and didn't hesitate one bit to reach up and grab my face if I wasn't looking at her. I have a feeling that she's going to be giving Taylor a serious run for her money very soon.



Patiently waiting to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment