Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hooligans

Many have expressed concerns that Ava will not be able to hold her own against the hurricane that is her sister.  Taylor is indeed a rough and tumble bull in a China closet, but fear not my friends, Ava has proven this weekend that she can certainly hang with her big sis.


Case in point, the rowdy gallery from the couch.  The only thing egging them on was the other's excitement.

I also learned this weekend that Ava is just as much of a wrestler as Taylor, if not more so.  She has a sneakiness to her that is attributed mainly to her age disadvantage.  I am constantly stopping Taylor, telling her to settle down, because her sister is still "little."  Who in the hell am I kidding, there's less than 10 lbs. difference between them, and the only real size difference is that Ava's legs are shorter.  Ms. Thang more than held her own, and never let out so much as a whimper until Taylor shoved her head into the side of the computer desk (Yes, I'm a good parent and let that happen on my watch.  Please don't call CPS.)


Don't be fooled, this one is just as much of an instigator as her big sister.  And yes, she totally has a handful of Taylor's hair in this pic.


I also learned that laying down on the floor is a dangerous undertaking if these two are both awake.  I merely wanted to be lazy and relax on the carpet while they took on the task of totally destroying Taylor's room.  Instead I found myself on the bottom of a Pork Chop/Munkie dogpile, all the while fending off eye-gouges and head butts.


This was later on in the living room.  The camera happened to be in arm's reach.

Poor Jody worked all weekend, so he wasn't here to witness my new discovery.  As soon as he got home, I told him to lay down in the floor.  When he asked why, I told him, "Just wait.  You'll see."  Less than 30 seconds later:


Attack!!!!!!!


Unfortunately for the girls, he's just as big a kid as they are and isn't afraid to fight back.

But alas, he's a slow learner.  This happened about 2 hours later while he was trying to lounge on the bed:


Oy vey.  I have a feeling it's going to be a while before order is restored to our home.


Probably a long, LONG while.

No comments:

Post a Comment