Tonight after "night-night time" Taylor made one of her usual voyages back into the world. This time however, it wasn't to pee or for one last drink of water, or to check on Cleo. Tonight, she comes to me with a sad face and says, "Mama, I don't feel good." For most parents, this would raise the alarm flag, and an all night vigil would ensue to make sure the sick kiddo was in the least amount of discomfort imaginable. However, I'm not new to this particular game. I've figured out in the last few months that Taylor finds the flavor of childrens' Allegra to be quite delectable (not unlike her Aunt Cella and Dimetapp years ago). Considering that we had a very rough go at getting her little butt in bed last night, I acquiesced, and gave her a dose of the grapey goodness. The only thing was, that I told her first, "Now, you know, this medicine is going to make you very sleepy. So you need to stay in bed where you will sleep for a very long time." After my warning I asked her, "So, what will this medicine do to you?" Taylor's response, "It make me take a big nap!" Good girl. Mind you, I know that Allegra has absolutely no sedative response to it whatsoever, but I thought I'd take a shot in the dark and see if the power of suggestion would work on someone at such a young age. And to my credit:
Yeah, yeah. This picture was taken a year ago, when Taylor still wore pullups and was peeping over her shoulder because I stormed in like a gorilla to take a picture. Anyhoo, imagine this sight, but without the diaper or partially opened eyes. Kid zonked out within less than 30 minutes. Hooray for placebo!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment