Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Oy, it's been a rough week.  Jody and I have been passing the cold from hell back and forth (as of now, my lymph nodes are so pissed off my whole neck hurts), Beaster had another case of possible strep (Doc-in-a-box, aka-urgent care, can never seem to get a positive swab.  From what I've witnessed, I don't think they're actually touching her throat when they go in for the kill, but I digress.), and work is keeping Jody and I overly busy.  



This is how I found Taylor sleeping one morning.  My sentiments exactly.

So, in a nutshell, sick and exhausted mom = lots of Happy Meals because I'd rather stab myself with a fork than even consider cooking.  For those of you unfamiliar with the "toy" McDonald's always offers every October, it's a cheap ass plastic bucket o'food that can double as a Trick-or-Treating pail if you're either broke or uncreative.  Frankly, I hate the damn things, and I think it's a total waste of plastic.  Last weekend however, I overheard Jody cackling madly in Taylor's room.  This is why:



Said plastic Crappy Meal pail becomes plastic Beaster helmet.  Why this is so riotous I'm still not sure, I'll go so far as to say funny, but not quite the side-splitter Jody thought.



Poor Taylor has her Mama's "Pumpkin Head,"and the pail looked like a organ grinder monkey's fez.  So she improvised with another headgear that would fit her melon.


Thankfully, Halloween was not only warmer than usual for our area, but Beaster got over her latest puny-ness in time to go Trick-or-Treating with her sister.  For thirty minutes anyway.  After that, Ava decided to throw a world-famous arched-back, kicking, screaming tantrum in one of our neighbors' yard.  


Still happy before the candy gathering.


Starting to get a little peeved in the wagon.......


Ready to get this show on the road, and attempt to run out into the street as many times as possible.


Thankfully, this one is finally old enough to have the required stamina for the holiday.  After Ava's hell-fit, she waited patiently while I got Ava in bed, then went back out for another round with me.

All in all, we had a really good time.  My cold has unfortunately come back with a vengeance as a result of running around outside most of the night, but it was worth it to have so much fun with Taylor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment