Thursday, January 3, 2013

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This year for my birthday, my beloved mother sent me a little stash o' cash with the explicit instructions, "Buy yourself a nice purse for god's sake."  I think she may have been a bit exasperated by my request to hit up Sam Moon on Black Friday (hey, it's decent enough for the price), coupled with my shitty Sam Moon wallet from two years ago that was being held together with Duck Tape.  

Now, some of you may remember my last nice purse, Sophia, that I carried religiously for years.  She was a rainbow Dooney and Bourke that I only discarded because frankly, I was tired of carrying around the same old bag (no offense Sophia) for so damn long.  But hey, if I'm going to spend the money on a damn purse, it's going to get used. 

So the years passed by, and despite my intent to get a new "nice purse" again, it just continually fell by the wayside as kids, bills, responsibility etc. mounted up.  So I've been lugging around the same shit-tastic Kohl's $10 special since Ava was born.  And I won't even mention my wallet......  But alas, it is a new year, and my beloved Mama decided it was time for me to upgrade :)  And thanks to my sister in law, I even got a new wallet for Christmas that's not held together with any sort of industrial strength adhesive.  

...And after days (which felt like years) of stalking the UPS tracking site, Sophia the Second finally arrived tonight!




Ta-da!  Ignore the bad lighting, I used my phone for the pic.  She is actually a bright mustard, and my walls are beige, promise.

Jody has already threatened me not to even attempt bringing her to bed with us tonight.  Fuddy-dud.  Seriously, I feel like a kid at Christmas, I just have that ecstatic giddyness that can only come from a fabulous handbag.  Again, Jody totally doesn't get it.  Maybe I need to remind him of the countless hours he spent in the garage after getting his new air compressor...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment