Sunday, January 6, 2013

Inappropriate Childrens' Language

Taylor has decided in the last two days to push every verbal boundary a three year old can push.  First she told me, "Don't talk to me!  I'm not talking to you, don't talk to me!"  Then she told Jody in the midst of wrestlemania, "I'm gonna kill you!"  And she didn't say it in a jovial, joking manner.  It was a little too serious for my taste.  Five minutes for being called out for that little outburst, I overheard her (as she was sitting on the toilet) saying, "This is stupid, I don't need this shit."  Wow.  So, the threats of washing out her mouth with soap have been made, along with the sit-down talk of why it's not acceptable for little girls to talk that way.  Along with that, Jody and I have made a whole hearted effort to really clean up our own speech, especially when we think little ears aren't listening, because apparently they're getting it from somewhere, and you all know I'm a bit fond of using colorful language now and then.

Fast forward to tonight.  After bath time, the usual wrestlemania with Jody begins.  Now, a little bit of backstory first.  Last week Jody introduced Taylor to the art of thumping.  Again, not something I was very happy about, but once I realized what was going on, the impression had been made.  So, every now and then, at random, Taylor will tell Jody, "I'm gonna SHOCK you!"  Somehow the word "thump" translated to "shock" in her little head, and there it has stayed.  Despite several attempts at correction on our part.  So tonight, she tells Jody she's gonna "shock" him again and made this hand gesture:



Umm, yeah.  For those of you not 100%, she was making "the shocker."

Here's an old acquaintance of ours making it more clearly:


For those not in the know, this is a horribly lewd hand gesture, on which I'm not going to educate you.  Feel free to look it up on Urban Dictionary if you're curious.



And again, with more ferocity, still claiming she's gonna "shock" Jody.......  Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment