Well, this past weekend we went to Fredericksburg to relax and have sort of a preemptive honeymoon (we're still planning a longer vacation for later, but that will probably have to wait until next summer). We stayed at a really nice bed and breakfast, and spent our days exploring the town and all of its offerings. If you haven't visited Fredericksburg, I highly recommend it. The dining is fantastic (obviously, I came home and discovered I gained 5 lbs. this weekend) plus there are lots of local wineries and breweries to discover. And to boot, it's just a really beautiful little community. With all of the wine and beer offerings, I was a little disappointed that I couldn't enjoy them all, but Jody has promised that we'll go back again after the baby's born and do it up proper. At the very least, Jody did have a very responsible designated driver!

Jody enjoys a nice hefeweisen at the Auslander

Enjoying lunch at the Rathskeller, this restaurant is in the basement of the old hospital. A little creepy, but the food was awesome!

The shiny beer tanks at the Fredericksburg Brewing Co. If you need a growler, this is the place to get it.

Jody and me at Luckenbach, somehow the camera got switched to black and white for this picture. We weren't just being artsy fartsy.

The Doug Moreland Show, always a great performance. This night they were opening for Mickey and The Motorcars, another great local band.
No comments:
Post a Comment