This week I took Taylor back to the pediatrician. She is gaining weight steadily, and has already grown a quarter of an inch in length! Her umbilical stump also finally fell off, which meant that I could stop doing the sponge baths and actually give her a proper bath. I just don't feel like a spit bath really does as good of a job as a soaking does. I was pleased to see as I was taking her diaper off before sticking her in the tub that she had already left me a full diaper. I erroneously thought that this would mean a poo-free bath. Apparently warm water is an immediate laxative though, and she promptly pooed again as soon as her bum hit the water. Other than that, she did great, and I really believe she enjoyed her bathtime experience. And of course, once I got her out and in a fresh diaper she made sure to fill it up yet again, sort of negating the whole thorough bum washing that had just ensued. Oh well, at least she was totally clean for a minute or two! Forgive me for not taking any pictures, but since it was our first time with a soapy and slippery baby Jody and I decided that both of us needed to be on full alert.
In other news, Taylor has also decided in the last few days that sleep is only for the daytime. Every night she fights going to bed tooth and nail by crying nonstop for 2-3 hours. This has lead to a VERY tired mommy, and a baby that is lethargic the majority of the day. So, in attempt to restore some order to our lives we started the Baby Wise routine today. In a nutshell, it's just a way to give your infant a little structure during the day in hopes of establishing a good sleep structure at night. So far, it appears that we are right on track but I'm not getting too pumped just yet. I'll wait until we've passed 1 am and she's actually not screaming before I do my victory dance. And since no post is complete without photos (admit it, that's the only reason you really stop by here!), here are some that we took the other day while she was making funny faces and whatnot.
BIG yawn!
No comments:
Post a Comment