I have to admit, I got very sad when Taylor really got to walking. I remember woefully telling Jody that our "baby" isn't a baby any more, and the only real milestones we have left to look forward to are sending her to kindergarten, and then college. That's it. As far as all the "baby" milestones, we're officially done. Well, as usual - I was dead wrong. I didn't realize that shortly after walking comes climbing. Oh, how aptly we nicknamed our child Munkie. The world (particularly my living room) is her jungle gym, and no furniture is safe. And if you take her in the backyard she can amuse herself literally for hours going up and down the stairs. As for the feeling that we are out of milestones, I'm realizing that every time I think she's done it all and tried everything she can still amaze me. Like for instance how she stealthily snuck into the bathroom the other day and got ahold of the toilet brush. There is no greater horror for any mother than discovering her child gnawing away at the handle of a poo-scrubber while she blissfully watches Sesame Street.
Oh, hey Mom! Don't mind me, just hangin' out.
AAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!!! Flying Burrito!
Yes, the Britney Spears style of parenting/diaper-only fashion statement strikes again.
No comments:
Post a Comment