Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Zoo Day

This Sunday we were just bumming around the house (you know, our usual M.O.), when I finally got cabin fever and had to get out. Seeing as how it actually wasn't freezing cold, we decided to brave the local zoo. Jody and I thought it might be fun for Taylor to see the animals in person since she gets such a kick out of them in books and videos.

First off, I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of our zoo. For a $3 admission I wasn't terribly optimistic, but for the price, I'd say we got a good amount of bang for our buck. Taylor laughed at the monkeys (imagine that), was mesmerized by the pythons (eeeew), and got to pet a donkey. All in all it was a lot of fun, but I want to do it again when it's a little warmer out, maybe then the animals will be a little more active. For the most part everyone but the monkeys was in "to hell with your $3, it's cold out here," mode. As usual, I'm terrible at taking pictures, plus there really wasn't much worth taking pictures of. Taylor insisted on being carried the entire time, and the super cool animals were all huddled in the corners of their cages. But I did get a couple of cute ones of her and Jody by the monkeys.

I swear, there really are monkeys in the "habitat" behind them. I just managed to snap right as they were all in a different area.

Ok, truthfully she was just shielding her eyes from the sun, but it turned out to be SUCH a sweet picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment