Sunday, February 27, 2011

Super Awesome Action-Packed Weekend

Call it mother's guilt if you want, but I've been dying to take Taylor to some of the more kid-friendly venues here in town and have some honest to God quality family time on the weekends. I've been working every other Saturday for the last two months, and I have felt that our time together has been rather limited (plus when I am home I'm so beat I just wanna park it on the couch). Also I can't help but feel that my work schedule may be the root of a certain Munkie's clinginess as of late. Seriously, when I'm off on the weekends I can't even close the door to use the bathroom without it inciting a major riot.

So, we made plans to do the Discovery Center on Saturday, and the kiddie pool at WT on Sunday. Now, if you have kids and have never been on an outing to either of these local attractions, shame on you. Not only will you be rewarded with a happy and exhausted child for the price you paid for admission, but if you're a nerd like Jody and me, it's actually a lot of fun for the adults too.

I will confess, we probably had a lot more fun at the Discovery Center than Taylor did, if only because she's still too young to really appreciate most of the exhibits. Other than the things that are made to be climbed upon, she really had very little interest in their offerings. That's ok though, rest assured Jody and I had a total blast. Plus, she more than made up for her lukewarm feelings when we took her to the pool today. Wow, I've never seen that kid giggle and screech with delight so much. But anyway, enough with the talking, here's some of the fun pics we got from our local outings!

Climbing through the rotating square tunnel.

Trying to climb on one of the geometry exhibits like the big kids. Unfortunately, the curvature of the design made her unable to get her footing and just resulted in her being pissed off.

Riding off into the sunset with a giant tangerine looming on the horizon.

And yes, once the dinosaur toys were discovered, she could have gave a rat's behind about the rest of the exhibits.

The look I got after taking the camera away from her this morning.

Playing in the water. Jody's totally gonna kill me for this one, but hey, I put up my "James & The Giant Peach"picture with Taylor above, so I think we're pretty much even.


Didn't get a whole lot of quality pics at the pool, she was such a blur it was hard to get anything really useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment