Sunday, June 19, 2011

Return of the Stinkeye

Last night I noticed Taylor's eyes were looking a little glassy, and there seemed to be a boogery substance in the corner. I chalked it up to allergies, but in the back of my mind I thought, "gee, I hope that's not going to be pinkeye......." I could start up a 1-800 psychic hotline with those skills. Sure enough this morning as I caught her trying to break into a can of Pringles for breakfast, she turned to look at me with an eye that would make Rocky Balboa proud.

After a brief visit to urgent care (I'm pretty sure they have our information stored into the frequent flyers area of their database), we got a confirmed diagnosis. So, alas, at a time when I really don't need to be taking off work I will be bumming around the house with my little cyclops tomorrow.

In a funny turn of events, I called my stepdad to relay this information (if you recall, we shared the stinkeye with him last year) and to lament that we wouldn't be passing the bug to him as well this go-round. He learned the same lesson I did last year though, don't mock the stinkeye, that's apparently the quickest way to guarantee you'll catch it.




No comments:

Post a Comment