Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summertime

As anyone in the Amarillo area can attest, we've been literally roasting up here the last few weeks. The highs have been around 105 degrees (that's actually not an exaggeration), and it's just been absolutely MISERABLE outside. So, as a result, we've been cooped up in the house and bored half to death. Not that we haven't tried to stay entertained, we have been watching lots of movies (mostly animated) and reading lots of books. Well, let me rephrase that, we've been reading a few books lots of times.

"Green Eggs and Ham" for the eleventy-billionth time.


Finally, after being too lazy to get it set back up, Jody and I had a little scrap of motivation, enough at least to fill up our tiny, but mighty, pool. After filling it the last time, we had to empty it out after a week or so due to overall gunkiness, and have just kept enough water in it not to blow away until we were ready to rock and roll again. Did I mention that aside from being hotter than the deepest pits of hell, it's been windy as crap here too? I guess I had a wistful idea that the wind here would die down eventually (yeah right), at least so that our pool wouldn't be full of dirt within 48 hours. Finally I gave up on that pipe dream and decided it was time, wind or no, because if nothing else I was getting a mad case of cabin fever.

Then came the problem of who was going to crawl in that sucker with Taylor. Usually I'd be first in line to volunteer for a little float time, but given my current state and shape getting my big self up from the ground is a little like watching a turtle trying to get off its back. And Jody, god bless him, is usually too wiped out to feel like chasing after her in a tiny body of water. Then I remembered, Taylor has a pint-sized homie who lives just a few streets away! So last night Beau and his mom Meagan came to play in the pool (Well, Beau and Taylor played, Meagan and I supervised.). The kids had a great time, and in keeping with tradition, super-mom here forgot to take pictures until after the kids were out of the water and all cleaned up for the night. But trust me, they had a ball.

Beau making his move for a goodnight kiss........


Success! Watching two two-year-olds is really highly entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment