Saturday, June 11, 2011

Uninspired

The weeks are counting down, and my weight and swelling are steadily climbing up. I've reached the final stage of pregnancy - fat and lazy. It's like pulling teeth to motivate my big ass to do much of anything these days. That said, be happy there's a blog post here at all today!

In keeping with tradition, my feet and ankles have yet again swollen to ridiculous proportions. I was hoping to escape the ridiculous edema this go-round, but alas, it just wasn't in the cards. The only difference is that this time I have had a couple of days where my blood pressure is a bit on the high side. It's still not high enough to warrant bed rest (thank god), but just the same its enough that I have to start being more careful.

Das foot

Das Cankle. Pictures really don't do it justice.......

As far as baby preparations go, we have been slowly getting our shit together and have gotten sort of ready (at least ready enough that Ava won't have to wear a gunny-sack or sleep in a dresser drawer). My uber-talented friend Layci once again came through with some hella cute letters to hang above the crib:


Now, we just have to get said crib assembled so that I can hang these bad boys! So if anyone would like to come and help us rearrange furniture, so that I can get going on this, just let me know!

Taylor has been relishing her summer so far, she has been spending a lot of time in our mighty pool (a lot of this time is spent screaming and pointing, "A bug! A bug!" until they are all scooped out). She is talking more and more each day, she still sounds a bit like mush-mouth from Fat Albert, but hey, its a start. Plus considering the fact that she hasn't been able to hear for squat in the last few months I'm just content with the fact that she's talking, period.

Not a very high quality photo, she kinda resembles my late grandmother in this one. But I thought it was super cute that she dragged her baby to the table to share her breakfast. She kept putting her grapes up to the doll's mouth, lol!


Heck yeah, rockin' the float time. I'm soooooooo ready to be able to park my big butt in this pool too. Only I'm afraid if I tried it right now I wouldn't be able to get back out. True story, I very nearly got stuck in the bathtub the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment