Friday, August 12, 2011

My New Pet Peeve

Most days I'm pretty sure Taylor's mission in life is to give me as many gray hairs as possible before she starts Kindergarten. Case in point, she has developed a new habit of "savoring" the last one of whatever it is she's eating. Translation - she will carry around a slobbery potato chip, fruit snack, or Reese's Piece (Is that the correct singular form? It just sounds weird....) and lick it for at least 15-20 minutes before actually eating the damn thing. This absolutely drives me nuts. For one, she winds up with slobbery gunge all over her hands, and for two just eat the damn thing already!

For example, this morning I gave Taylor two Pringles as bribery for taking her allergy medicine (Yeah, yeah, I know. But bribing her with junk food is waaaaaay easier than sitting on her and forcing it down her throat.). Ten minutes later, she is still holding on to the last one:



Me: Taylor, eat your chip so we can go to school please
Taylor: No. (And she says it with a very nonchalant tone. Kind of like no thanks, I'm good.)

At this point she just licks the chip again adding to its grossness. We need to leave for daycare, but I do not want that nasty thing in my car.



Me: Taylor, please, eat your chip so we can go to school.
Taylor: No (again with the nonchalant tone). School!!!!! (said very enthusiastically).

Again, she licks the chip.


Me: Taylor, eat your damn chip!
Taylor: School!!!!!!

Now she hops off the chair (still clinging to the soggy remnant of the Pringle), and heads for the door. Ava is already strapped into her carseat and is getting rather impatient, so I admit defeat once again and have to concede to having that nasty thing in my car. The drive to daycare from our house is roughly a 15 minute trip. No lie, she continues to lick and finally take tiny nibbles of that chip and doesn't actually eat it until we pull up into the daycare parking lot. Oy vey.

No comments:

Post a Comment