Thursday, August 11, 2011

One Month

Ava has officially reached the one month mark! She is weighing in somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 lbs according to our bathroom scales (However, these are the same scales that claim I can gain/lose 5-8 lbs in a 24 hour period, so I'm not totally on board with their accuracy), and is already wearing a size 6 months in clothes. I keep thinking that she is just ginormous compared to what I remember Taylor being, so I took a picture of her in the "astronaut chair" to get a comparison. Here are both girls in the same chair at approximately the same age. Taylor was closer to 2 months in her pic, but you get the gist.

Again, note how much these two look alike! There's no doubt that they're related, or who their Daddy is. And, I stand corrected, Ava's not just ridiculously larger than Taylor was, I guess it just seems that way. Maybe it's the hair that makes her look taller, lol!

Like her sister before her, Ava has also been diagnosed with reflux, and we have once again had to cease nursing and move to the thick formula. Not a terrible tragedy in the big scheme of things, but damn, I forgot just how expensive that stuff is. Fortunately, Ava hasn't been plagued with just a whole lot of colic-esque screaming, and the Zantac actually seems to be helping. One thing that did need a little more medical intervention however, was her umbilical stump. We went on Tuesday to have the doctor remove it because it was still hanging on for dear life. Can you say gross? So, now Ava has officially joined the belly-button-having society with the rest of us.


Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment