Per our pediatrician's recommendation, we decided to start Ava on the wonderful journey into solid food, hooray! Not only does this mean that solid food is thicker, therefore less likely to come up in a torrent of spit up, but also this will help to alleviate some of the expense of baby formula. And Gerber can kiss my ass, this time I'm going to attempt to make my own. I know, I know, this sounds like way more effort than I care to be involved in. But considering 2-2 oz jars of mashed up whatever cost a dollar apiece, and one butternut squash that will make about ten times that amount is the same price the math wasn't that hard. Plus, if the date my food processor and I have with destiny doesn't exactly work out, Gerber is always ready and willing to take my money again.
Anyhoo, financials aside, Ava is rockin' this whole eating from a spoon thing. She took to it like a champ from the first try. If I recall it correctly, it took us a fair amount of time to get Taylor to get used to eating from a spoon without spitting it right back out (probably a foreshadowing of the picky eater she has become). But our little Chunk-a-Lunk nommed up every last bite, and has been gobbling it up three times a day now for two days. Can I get a woo-hoo? She's still a little pissed at me for changing her from a 3 hour to 4 hour feeding schedule, but in a few more days, I know she won't care.
Note the look of concentration on my face. I'm pretty sure I was working much harder at this than Ava.
Mmmm, tastes like apples and staleness! At least, that was my opinion. I spiked it with apple juice trying not to further constipate her.
No comments:
Post a Comment