Yesterday during Ava's afternoon nap, I took Taylor outside for a little bit to enjoy the remaining nice weather, and to run off some of that excess toddler energy. As my little terror was flying around the yard, I realized that somewhere when I wasn't looking, Taylor really has changed from a baby into a big kid. The baby fat chub is shedding (how could it stick around, that kid is always in motion), her coordination is growing, and I'm forever impressed with her newfound verbal skills.
Watching her run around kinda gave me that sad feeling because I know we won't be having any more kids (Yes, we are DONE, and yes, we're sure.), and I only get to do this one more time with Ava. It made me understand the people in my life who swore up and down that they were done having kids, only to have a total change of heart a few years later and start the roller coaster again. I get it, but that doesn't mean I'm planning on boarding that crazy train again myself.
Taylor bringing me an offering of rocks. Like Charlie Brown got on Halloween, only cooler because she really thought it was an awesome gift.
My future gymnast. Can't wait to get this kid in some lessons.
Speaking of growing, look who's too big for her britches now. I hate to move to the next size up though, because she has the infamous DeWitt body build. All torso, no legs. After a year, these jeans are finally the right length, but too small everywhere else.
No comments:
Post a Comment