When you have two little kids and are rolling on a tight budget, entertainment comes in the most random of places. We haven't been out and about much lately, I blame the cooler weather and just an overall attitude of hermit-ness for our decline in activity. So, as a result of cabin fever, here are some of our random photo-ops from the last week:
Photo #1 - The Diva
This is what you get when you let a two-year-old pick out her own wardrobe. Note the clunky daycare shoes that are labeled over every visible surface guaranteeing that you bring them back. Taylor had had a rather epic accident the day prior to this, and wound up having to borrow some shoes so as not to look like Britney Spears at a gas station. Yes, I know the Britney references are plentiful on this blog, but damn, she's an easy target for a white trash metaphor.
Photo #2 - The Cinderella Game
Taylor is all about wearing our shoes around the house, and this particular evening she decided that I needed to try on hers. And yes, she does wear pants 90% of the time, but by the end of the day when we've been on and off of the potty a bazillion times because she keeps threatening to poop (And that's why she's wearing a pull-up in this one as opposed to underwear. I've gotten tired of cutting off shitty panties and chucking them in the trash. This also explains why I'm not a proponent of cloth diapers in my home. The idea of washing out poo just completely grosses me out.).
Photo #3 - Smiley Mc Smilerson
Seriously, I can't get enough of this gummy little grin. Ava is the happiest little clam I've ever seen. I love love, love this age!
Photo #4 - "The Grimmace"
If you've spent any amount of time around us and our kids, you'll notice that Jody comes up with the craziest, most random nicknames for them. Taylor has been everything from Munkie, to Goose, to Grimmace as of most recently. In this pic, the last one is at least explained. This is the facial expression of a kid who has just discovered those little capsules that turn into foam shapes when dissolved in water. Easiest bath ever. Plus she was more than happy to play with her souvenirs for quite a while after.
Anyhoo, now that you're privy to the hella excitement that's been going on around here, I promise to have some more eventful posts in the coming weeks. Especially with holiday travels and whatnot.

No comments:
Post a Comment