Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to Work

As you all know, I started back to work yesterday. I must admit I had a lot of dread and anxiety about dropping our baby off, as well as some fears that I wouldn't remember how to do my job. Monday evening I had a complete meltdown (bawling, feeling guilty, etc.), and I think that actually helped me to get it out of my system before the dreaded drop off yesterday morning. We got to the daycare center, and met Taylor's morning teacher. She is a retired grandmother who walks over every morning from a nearby retirement community. I think she could tell I was nervous, because she wouldn't let me really get much of a word in edgewise and kept going on and on about her grandkids and great-grandkids, and how she is eventually going to retire altogether and travel the country. By the time she was done with her spiel it was time for me to leave or else I was going to be late to work. I only had time to kiss Taylor on the head and run out the door. So, fortunately, there was no time for a sad tearful goodbye. Just an, "Oh sh*t, I'm going to be late!" Work was great, fortunately it's like riding a bike. The day was nice and busy and so the time flew by very quickly. When I returned to pick up Taylor she was hanging out in a bouncy chair that had been placed inside her crib (does that seem odd to anyone else?). The afternoon teachers said that she did very well and hardly cried at all. I'm so glad that the whole first day experience went off without much of a hitch, it really makes me feel a lot better about going back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment