This past weekend Jody and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary! They say that the first year of marriage is the hardest, and if indeed that's true I think we've got this whole thing licked. Even though we have had our fair share of rough areas (colicy baby + hormonal crazy woman), we've come out mostly unscathed from our first year of wedded bliss and I can't wait to enjoy many, many more with my wonderful husband. In honor of our first anniversary we took an overnight trip to Austin (thanks again mom and Dan for watching Taylor!). We hit up a few of our old haunts, bought a BADASS painting (it even glows in the dark, can it really get much cooler than that?), and overall had a fantastic time. And, since Jody and I both suck at remembering to take the camera out of its case and actually take some pictures, the photographic proof of our weekend is kinda limited. But here's what we do have:

Our super awesome view from our suite. I think it really captures the essence of downtown Austin ;)
Jody and I in front of the hotel. We don't trust someone else enough to take a pic for us, ha!
At Detour, Jody thought it was hilarious that these machines were side by side - "Tee-Bags" get it?
One of our better Aggie photos at Detour (after this neither of us was in much shape to attempt to maneuver a camera.).
My super awesome painting! You may recognize "The Dude." I plan to hang this across from the toilet once we get a house!
All in all it was a great trip, even though Jody did accidentally/on purpose karate chop me in the throat (again, because we are so mature we decided to race down the hall back to our hotel room. Jody was trying to block me from passing him and whacked me in the throat/collarbone. I totally have a bruise.).
No comments:
Post a Comment