Because I'm the funniest person I know (hopefully, you get that joke.....), I thought it would be absolutely hilarious if the girls went as devils for Halloween this year. As it turns out, this was probably one of the cheapest, easiest Halloweens we'll ever have. At least, as far as costumes go.
Ta-da!
I was also really excited because this year, Taylor would finally be old enough to really appreciate the concept of Trick or Treating. We started out at our friend Linda's house, and by the time we had made it three doors down, Taylor had the system down pat. Only problem was that after she left a house, she immediately went sprinting for the street (DANGER!) on her mission to continue getting as much candy as her sticky little hands could grab. After about a block and a half though, her energy wore out and it was time to go back home. We were thankful for her energy loss, because the old folks (that would be us) were tired as hell from back-to-back Halloween parties this weekend. Also, poor Jody's arm was about to fall off from carrying Chunk-a-lunk around in her carseat for a block and a half.
I'm big-boned!
After a massive meltdown in the car courtesy of Taylor, we decided to forego any of our other friends' neighborhoods and call it quits. Ava woke up with snot coming out of every orifice in her face this morning, and she was starting to sound like Darth Vader to boot. All I've got to say is god bless "Ni Hao, Kai Lan," because that was the only thing that finally settled her down and stopped the screaming.
No comments:
Post a Comment