She is still so surprised every time she uses her legs to stand up.
In the last few days she has also discovered her hands. Taylor was never really fascinated by her extremities when she found them, so its been very entertaining watching Ava just staring, mesmerized, at her fists. Lately, Ava has also managed to get herself rolled over in her crib. This is both good and bad. Good in the sense that she's not griping for as long about being on her back, but bad in the sense that she seems to be pretty pissed off when she's on her tummy too. Side sleeping is her preferred position, but unfortunately, once she gets that momentum going she is usually unable to stop where she wants.
Where she'd rather be.....
Where she usually winds up.
Taylor is coming around to Ava a lot more so. When she thinks we're not looking, I'll catch her tickling Ava or giving her kisses on the head. We've made a few attempts to bathe them together, but unfortunately that still becomes such a cluster its not really worth it most of the time. Case in point - tonight Taylor kept trying to "help" wash Ava by dumping water on her head over and over. I finally had to just take the cup away and get Ava out of there. But the point is, it's starting to get a little easier to juggle two kids. I'm thinking that by this time next year, it'll be a piece of cake - famous last words I'm sure!
The three of us watching a movie together. I honestly never thought I'd see the day where Taylor would willingly sit next to her sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment