Now, mind you, we don't have cable. We just don't watch TV enough to justify paying $50 a month for a service that will mostly go unused. Instead, we pay $15 a month for Netflix and stream random crappiness to our TV. Taylor is the main watcher of said crappiness, and after exhausting the Sesame Street and Nickelodeon options, she has moved on to European children's fodder. Don't get me wrong, we don't encourage it, she just picks them randomly from the pictures on the screen. This has resulted in a new love for the Swedish gem, "Pingu." See for yourself below:
Now granted, I don't mind this one as much, because at least its funny. Probably not the best for budding language development, but TV is supposed to rot your brain anyhow, right?
Next, we have "Kipper." This show is so horribly craptastic, YouTube won't even let me embed the stupid clip. So instead, here's the link: http://youtu.be/W1wORYjzMEs
This show sucks the life force right out of me. I'm pretty sure Kipper and his buddies all smoke a TON of pot. That's the only real explanation I have for his demeanor. And inexplicably, Taylor absolutely adores this show. I would rather gouge myself repeatedly with a blunt object than watch this crap. I know, I'm sounding awfully angry about all of this, but if you had to watch the same 5 episodes of "Kipper" over and over again (Because God forbid we change it up a little, why try something new when you know what you like?), you'd be a little agro too.
So, in closing, here's my PSA to all you ladies out there who are in a situation to possibly become pregnant. Don't drink at all. Ever. Because if you turn up pregnant, and you've drank any quantity of alcohol during that little "leeway time," I guarantee you'll wind up in the same boat I'm in two years from now. It's ok, you're welcome.

No comments:
Post a Comment