This morning I finally caved to Taylor's multiple requests to build a snow man. So we busted out the Wal Mart sacks and duck tape (only way to make snow boots as far as I'm concerned), and headed out. Now let me first give a disclaimer and an explanation to the homeless look of my kids in these photos. If there is one thing on this planet I refuse to spend money on, it's giant puffy snow coats that they may get to wear once or twice before outgrowing. I always hated them as a kid, and It's a major pain in the ass trying to buckle a child into a carseat wearing one of those monstrosities. That said, we opt for zip up hoodies instead. Ava is wearing a weather appropriate coat, but that's only because it was a hand me down from her cousin Kadey, and if we really want to be truthful about it, it's too small for her fat little neck.
"Mom, I can't move my arms!" Ava is already hating her wardrobe choice. Taylor is wearing a double layer of my winter clothes over hers. I mean it when I say I don't buy winter coats.
But who cares! We look so ridiculous it's cute!
Even Beaster is finally happy, despite the tiny beanie I have stretched over her melon.
Off we go!
I made her change hats. This one is Jody's and actually covers her ears. She was not amused.
Trying to get those stumpy little legs to follow after big sister.
Sampling the snow. I'm afraid of what kind of organic nutrients may have been hiding in there.
Not the surest of footing......
Who cares that it took Mom longer to get us bundled up than it did for us to have our fill of the snow? Hopefully the hype is over now, and we can stay indoors again like sensible people.
No comments:
Post a Comment