Monday, February 25, 2013

Not the Good Kind of Blizzard That Comes From Dairy Queen

So yeah, in case you live under a rock (or in a nicer climate, in which case, I hate you), you know that Amarillo finally got that blizzard that they've been threatening us with for the last two years.  As usual, I was skeptical.  But this time, lo and behold, Doppler Dave gets to have his reputation reinstated for the week.  Thankfully, I do all of my grocery shopping for the entire week on Fridays, so we were already set to go without having to endure the mayhem at the grocery stores last night.  That being said, I've been under this roof now for 24 hours (Maybe more, hell, I don't remember the last time I left.  It may have been Saturday......) with two kids that are absolutely keyed up due to being stuck indoors.



Here is our patio after Jody dug out a path to the back fence.


The tiny green corner you see is the upper outer edge of Cleo's house (now it's winter camo too).  Don't worry, I dug her out early this morning before it was fully enveloped.  She's chillin' in the garage as we speak.


Just one of the drifts in our back driveway

So, obviously, we're not going anywhere in this mess.  So what have we been up to instead?  Well, because I'm an awesome mom, and I didn't have it in me to totally destroy the house I cleaned yesterday, we did not go playing in the snow.  It just seems like a shitload of effort to get everyone all bundled up and waterproofed when I know they will stay out there for ten minutes, just to track in the snow all over the floor.  Instead, we did make some snow ice cream (baaaaaaaaaad idea).  Just in case they weren't already full of pent up energy, I went and added a heap of sugar to their intake.  Then, we just watched movies all day, broke up fights, and prayed that daycare would be open tomorrow.  In case you're wondering, it's not.  Neither is my work for that matter, so we will be having some more family time yet again tomorrow.



Shampoo horn.  What all the girls are sporting in the snow storm.


Ava was dancing along to her screaming monkey.


The picture is blurry because they have not stopped moving at all today.


See?


God, I love my kids, but once again I'm so thankful to have a job to go to every day.  Once again, this is why I'm not stay-at-home mom material.

No comments:

Post a Comment