Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thanks A Lot Daycare

So yeah, Taylor has been in daycare for exactly 3 days. I knew that her return would also usher in the return of ear infections, snotty noses etc. But seriously, I thought it would take longer than 3 freakin' days! Taylor woke up yesterday in a fabulous mood (again, insert sarcastic tone here), and we just assumed she was tired from the new routine, plus she had stayed up late the night before. Well, even after her nap, she was pitching fits left and right. I'm talking about the fall down in the floor kicking and screaming kind of fits. I honestly don't know how many times we got on to her for various things. Yeah, then around 3:00, after she had just gotten in trouble for mashing up the orange I had given her as a snack and smearing it all over the table, she starts throwing up all over the kitchen.

Needless to say, Jody and I felt like complete assholes for getting on to her throughout the day when obviously it was all because she didn't feel good (in our defense though, she didn't start running a fever until after the puking began). Unfortunately, the kitchen was not an isolated incident. After it began she was pretty much throwing up every 1-3 hours until about 2:30 this morning. I guess it's a motherhood thing, because poor Jody was not even close to capable of cleaning up after her. So I spent my day mopping up nastiness and doing countless loads of laundry. Sadly, my cel phone was a casualty in one of these many loads. In my rush to strip out of my Taylor-soaked jeans and get them in the wash, I totally forgot that it was in my back pocket. So, if you haven't done so already, email me your phone number, because I totally lost all of my contacts.

On the upside, knock on wood, Taylor has kept everything down since 2:30 this morning and her fever has gone down considerably. She is just going to take it easy today, and I plan on joining her in that effort.


My little pathetic Munkie. She refused to lay in her bed, so we're settling for the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment