I won't lie, I've been absolutely dying to get some water toys for the backyard and bust out with the summer fun. Maybe it's because I'm sick of being pregnant, and the beginning of summer coincides with the end of my current largeness (And yes, I realize I still have a lot of growing to do. But considering how uncomfortable I already am, I'm NOT looking forward to the remainder of this.). But not only that, I'm excited for Taylor to finally be old enough to actually enjoy summer. Last year we discovered that yes, she really liked floating in the pool, but now that she's older it's way more fun to watch her actually get excited and enjoy playing in the water. I really wanted to buy her this beach ball/sprinkler thingie that hooks up to the hose, but due to my procrastination they were all sold out once I was motivated enough to actually go and purchase the damn thing. So, we settled for a glorified sprinkler instead. She was a little apprehensive at first (And ok, maybe it wasn't really quite warm enough outside to justify frolicking around in the freezing cold water from the hose.), but after a few minutes she got over her fears and went for it full throttle. Considering how little spray this toy actually produces, she did an impressive job of getting herself completely soaking wet. I'm thinking my next purchase will be another "mighty pool" (That's a reference from long ago, if you ever hung out with us at the trailer park, you'll know what I'm talking about.).
Ok, so what's the point of this again?
She stood there for literally about 5 minutes trying to decide what to do next.
Taking a break from the sprinkler to eat Dad's popsicle.
God bless iPhoto's retouching feature. Look Ma, no snot!
And, then she got the hang of it. Note our lovely brown grass because I refuse to let Jody water it, lol!
Beating the crap out of Daddy with a stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment