Wednesday, March 9, 2011

We're Starting to Get a Little More Prepared

Ok, so we have established that the baby I'm carrying is indeed a girl. Yay! However, I have to laugh at how everyone I encounter now has a boatload of questions regarding said baby. "What's her name?" "Have you picked out a nursery theme yet?" "Where will she be going to college?" Jeez, I know a lot of women (especially first-timers) will be able to spew forth intelligent answers to these questions with little or no hesitation whatsoever. Unfortunately, that's just not how we roll. For anyone who's ever spent any real time with my husband, you know how methodical he is in making any decision whatsoever. Sometimes ordering at a restaurant can be a debacle. So, needless to say, a decision as big as naming our child (because it's a pretty long-term choice) is going to take a while. His philosophy is more along the lines of, "as long as she has a name by the time she's born, we're good." And, even though I'm a bit more of a planner, I have to agree. I guess since this isn't my first rodeo I'm not bursting at the seams to run out and spend a crapload of money on baby supplies. I assure you all, this child will be fully clothed (we definitely have that department covered), well fed, and will not be sleeping in a dresser drawer. Just be patient with us! I promise as the developments come I'll be very forthcoming with the info. In the meantime, I did pick out our nursery bedding (See? I'm starting to come around) and I've added a picture below.


Ta-Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment