For some odd reason, my kids are having a hell of a time staying well this holiday season. So far, we've had the stomach but a total of four times in the last two weeks, and Ava's had some sort of hellacious virus that caused her temperature to skyrocket on two separate occasions, and has kept her on breathing treatments for two weeks now. Jody and I have been trying to take turns calling in with the girls, but it seems the minute we get one healthy enough to return to daycare, the other one takes a turn for the worse again.
Yesterday afternoon when Jody went to pick the kids up, he was informed that Taylor had just thrown up. Great. After he got them both home, Taylor puked again. Not to be outdone, Ava had 3 bouts of diarrhea within 20 minutes of my arriving home. So, needless to say we did the disinfection dance again. This morning they both seemed rather puny, but all digestive outbursts seemed to be ok enough to let them return to school (I really didn't want to send them at all, but Jody and I have missed so much work this month, that we really felt like our hands were tied.). WRONG. I got the call at 10:30 that Ava was having colonic pyrotechnics again, and Taylor wasn't doing anything but laying her head down on her desk. *Sigh*
So here I sit, thankfully in an already cleaned house, while my two sick babies try and sleep. I'm just hoping they're over it enough by Monday to go to family Christmas in Gruver. In the meantime, I've decided that they are going to stay at home (via some creative measures, and the help of my awesome niece Kaylee) and rest up until then.
Beaster hams it up even though she feels (and smells) like shit.
Taylor crashed almost immediately after I got her in the car.


No comments:
Post a Comment