I can't believe that in three days Taylor will be six months old. We are already halfway through her first year :( It is so amazing to watch her now, she's no longer a "baby" - now it's becoming more and more apparent that this is a PERSON. Taylor is a babbling, wiggling ball of fun nowadays. She is very good at sitting up by herself now, and can make it for quite a while without falling as long as she's got something good in front of her to play with (as you can see below, the poor kid barely has any toys...... Ha!). She will also grab just about anything she can get her little hands on to try and pull herself to standing. We've also made the transition over to eating solids at three of her feedings every day with only one major digestive blowout. As long as we keep away from squash, we're usually ok!
The only major speed bump we've hit is crawling. Taylor ADAMANTLY refuses to stay on her stomach for more than a couple of minutes at a time. We've been trying to do mandatory tummy time for at least 15 minutes every day just to get her at least sort of accustomed to this position, but so far it only serves to piss her off royally. We've also been using the pack and play a lot for what I'm told is it's intended purpose - a playpen. Duh! I feel like such an idiot that the idea to use it as more than a portable crib never dawned on me until last week. Needless to say, she loves having somewhere new to play, and I love that I can sit her up in it and not have to hover around afraid that she's going to fall over and hit her head on something.
As you can see, she has nothing at all to play with..... Poor kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment