Sunday, January 24, 2010

I've Been Really Busy, I Swear!

Yeah, yeah. So I haven't posted anything worthy in a while. So sorry, but I really have been uber busy. Take today for example, I made cake balls (not my best endeavor this time.....), went to the store, made hair bows (please hold your laughter until the end of the sentence), and am about to cut Jody's hair for our very first family photo tomorrow. See? I told ya.

Nothing really notable has been happening with Taylor either - oh, except that she's about to break her glasses again, the earpiece is once again hanging on by a thread. Guess we'll be headed back to the eye doc tomorrow. She still chews EVERYTHING she can fit in her mouth, but we haven't gotten a tooth in yet. Also still no progress on crawling - though she has gotten rather efficient with her weird head scooting maneuver. I'm almost debating buying her a little football helmet if indeed this is going to be her chosen mode of transportation. At least it'll help with the bald spot!

Jody is in the process of over-engineering a toy box for Taylor (love ya babe!). I say over-engineering because the poor guy has refigured his plans several times already and hasn't even begun assembly yet. I know it's going to be fantastic, and I also know that the paint job I have planned for the finished product will probably be a great story. He has also begun a little composting project for his patio garden this year. I must admit, this idea scares the bejesus out of me - I just picture the whole thing stinking to high hell and crawling with maggots. Believe me, I'll keep you posted if my prediction comes true!

As for me, I have begun learning mammography at work. All I have to say is that ladies, I realize how unpleasant it is to have your annual mammogram. However, believe me when I say that the lady performing your exam truly isn't enjoying the process any more than you are. It is an extremely (for me anyway, maybe not all techs feel this way) nerve wracking task to realize that you are not only hurting your patient, but if you don't pay attention to a LOT of subtleties in the process you might cost a woman her life. SCARY! Then there are the usual horrors that come with any healthcare job (hygiene anyone?). And yes, you read correctly earlier - I busted out my glue gun again tonight to make a flower-bow for our family pictures tomorrow. I must say, I'm quite proud of myself, it didn't turn out too badly! I only sustained minor burns (Look ma! No blisters!) and didn't even glue any of my projects to the counter.

Taylor is very excited about the trip to Wal-Mart we were about to take. Don't be fooled, little booger passed out 30 minutes after we got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment