Sunday, January 10, 2010

Taylor Strikes Back

This morning while I was at work Jody texted me to inform me that our little Miss Priss decided to be more proactive in her attempts to not wear her glasses - she broke them! She has gotten kinda testy with them as of late and it's become something of a battle to keep them on her all day long. I thought it was because they were too tight on her head, so we had them adjusted at the ophthalmologist (I love that I can now spell that ALL by myself, no spell check needed!) last week. However, I think the lady doing the adjusting didn't really fix the frame so much as bend the earpieces, because they've been a little wonky ever since she "fixed" them. My original plan was to take them back tomorrow after Taylor's pediatrician appointment, but unfortunately, she broke them first. According to Jody she was playing contentedly by herself, babbling away. Then after a bit he noticed she was very quiet (funny how that seems to be the universal red alert with children). He looked over, and she had them beside her in two pieces. Nice. So, my first idea was to tape them back together ala Poindexter. But the more I think about it, that's really not the greatest idea since the tape would take up even more room for what is already a tight fit. So, I guess we'll go back tomorrow and see if we can get them fixed. If not, I guess it'll already be time for a new pair!


Yeah, that's a smug look if I ever saw one.


See, I just couldn't impose this kind of future upon my daughter......

No comments:

Post a Comment