Today we went back for Taylor's one month follow up with the ophthalmologist. I must say this visit was MUCH better than our last. The doctor didn't seem as harsh as before, and we didn't have to wait around for 30 minutes just for her eyes to dilate. Taylor still has to wear her glasses all day, every day. But, at least they loosened them up a little so that they don't leave the huge red indentations on her head - now they are just small pink indentations! I have a feeling that new frames will be in order before her first birthday at the rate her noggin is growing (yeah, yeah, I know she gets the giant cranium from me.......). And unfortunately we do still have to continue with the tear duct massage because her left eye still seems to be a little blocked. I'll admit, I haven't been just super diligent about doing this. Plain and simple - I forget to do it. The only reason I can remember her medicine twice a day is that it sits smack in the middle of the coffee table where I can't avoid seeing it. We still have to go back again in a month to recheck that tear duct, and if it's not cleared up on its own we'll have to do the procedure to open it back up. That said, I'm going to try really hard to remember to massage the duct so that it will hopefully open up on its own.
My plan was to dress her super cute to detract from the fact that I wasn't doing my part in massaging her ducts. I think it worked! Thanks to Karen for this super cute ensemble!
No comments:
Post a Comment