Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fun Times With Ear Infections

Well a couple of weeks ago, we found ourselves in the midst of yet another ear infection. Yeah, that makes the fourth one just since November. So, it was off to visit an ear nose and throat specialist (ENT), who promptly recommended we get some tubes put in her poor little ears before she develops a serious resistance to all the antibiotics she's been taking. Fortunately for us, Dr. Laursen is a go-getter and was able to get her taken care of yesterday morning. This was a great thing because I couldn't help notice that all weekend while we were in Ft. Worth she started seriously pulling at that left ear once again (post-op the ENT did in fact confirm that she was once again on the brink of infection. Mind you- this was only four days after she finished her last dose of antibiotics for another ear infection). The procedure went great, we checked in at 6:30 am, and we were loaded back up on our way home by 8:30. God bless our anesthesiologist this time for giving her a little dose of Demerol to "take the edge off" her wake up process. Not only was she not crying hysterically this time, but she (and I) took a three hour nap after we got back home! All in all it was a positive experience, with exception to all of the nasty stuff (I'll spare you my graphic descriptions) that has been oozing out since. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how the doc expects me to make an ear plug out of a cotton ball and vaseline, but surely I'll get that down too.


That's right, I'm a little tiger. Seriously, ask my mom about my sharp little claws.

No comments:

Post a Comment