On a small note, it has been confirmed by my doctor (who incidentally looks and soundsexactly like Ricky Ricardo) that I do indeed have pinkeye coupled with a sinus infection. Before any of you laugh and point too terribly gleefully, let me just state that I contracted pinkeye over the phone. My stepdad, Dan told me this Saturday that he had come down with it, and as any good daughter would do, I laughed at him and made a few "stink eye" jokes at his expense. As a sick twist of karma, somehow he sent his infectious germs through the cel-network and into my eye, thus sharing the infection with me. Lesson learned: pinkeye is everywhere, and you can get it for making fun of someone who has it, not just by having your pillow farted on.

Yep, this is exactly what I looked like yesterday morning.
Anyhoo, that said, it's time for the reveal of Jenni & Jody's REALLY BIG NEWS. As I clarified yesterday, I'm not pregnant. However, Jody has made a big decision to leave Biotronik. We were waiting to announce this until he had had the opportunity to tell his employers himself, as they have been very good to us over the years, but it's time to move on to greener pastures. So, where are these greener pastures you ask? Of all places, we think they're gonna be in Amarillo. Jody has decided to go back to school, and I have a job opportunity that I'm pursuing there as well that will allow for an incredible growth opportunity professionally. Sorry, but I'm still keeping that under wraps, simply because it hasn't happened yet and I don't want to jinx it. So, Jody and Taylor will be moving on up next weekend, with me and the hairballs (Alice & Cleo) trailing a week or two behind. It's going to kill me having to be apart from the two most important people in my life for that long, but it's going to be best for us in the long run. Plus it's going to be so awesome being close to our family and friends up there again (who wants to babysit?). I'll try to keep everyone informed as everything unfolds, and please keep us in your prayers that we arrive safe, sound, and employed ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment