Yep, another month has flown by and what a month it's been. We've had a wedding, a ball, and the funeral of my dear sweet grandmother in the past month. All of these things have led to a LOT of family time for Taylor with her grandparents and aunts and uncles. The good thing about all this grandparent time is that I have experienced parents working with her on her gross motor skills and boy has it really made a difference. All in the last three weeks or so she has begun really crawling (no longer scooting on her head!), pulling up, and cruising like a pro around the furniture. I seriously suspect that this little one will be walking in no time, and also that a couple of new teeth will be appearing any day now (she now has two!). It's amazing to me how we were at a developmental standstill for a few months and then suddenly it was like everything clicked and she was ready to rock & roll. The only downside to all of this family time is that she does get a whole lot of TLC when she's with people that don't see her every day, and we've been told that she's hell on wheels the first day back at daycare. Plus all the wear and tear it's had on Jody and I - let's face it, we're not exactly spring chickens and all of this driving has really gotten us run down. Sunday presented me with a lovely migraine (shoulda seen that one coming what with all the sleep deprivation. Oh yeah, and maybe that headache that I'd had for 2 days prior was an indicator.....), and by the end of work today I felt so crappy that I was seriously contemplating just laying down in the middle of the freeway. But, I've been told that if you're not utterly exhausted, then you must have a nanny. Parenthood takes a LOT of energy.
Ta-da! Two teeth! I think the top two will be in any time now.
Crawling for my sunglasses. Basically if you're child's allowed to have it, it's worthless as baby-bait.
Feeding herself for the first time. The fork was more of a prop than anything, but toward the end she was taking the raviolis and trying to put them on the fork before putting them both in her mouth.
Enjoying a powdered donut at Lovie's. Yeah, you shoulda seen the hairball fit this one threw when I cleared the gluey glob of this out of her mouth as she was trying to choke it (literally) down.
No comments:
Post a Comment