This year we had a big Christmas celebration series. We started with our personal family Christmas on the evening of the 23rd (Since Jody and I were in work clothes, and Taylor was still wearing her pajamas from the night before we opted out of taking any pics. Trust me, you didn't miss much). This year we really didn't go berserk on Christmas presents, Taylor is still young enough that we can get away with not having to spend our life savings, so we just got her a few little things, a pillow pet, an Elmo microphone, an elephant thingie that shoots balls out of the top, etc.
After we unwrapped our goodies at home, we piled into the car and headed to Gruver to see Jody's folks. We arrived to the greeting of most of Taylor's cousins playing and having a grand old time. Now, my child usually goes to bed no later than 9:30, and that's pushing it pretty hard. Yeah, she stayed up till around 11:30, and still woke up at her usual time the next morning. And as an added bonus, she refused to nap. Guess who was in an awesome mood? But crabbiness aside, Taylor enjoyed Christmas eve playing with her cousins, aunts, and uncle. And in keeping with holiday tradition, I once again left the camera in the diaper bag and didn't get a single photo of our time in Gruver. I swear, Jody really does have a family, I can just never remember to take pictures of them :(
And last but not least, we came back home and spent Christmas day with my dad's bunch. This, I did manage to get pictures of. And to make up for the lack of pictures at the other Christmas events, I'm posting generously of this one. Taylor had a lot of fun chasing Kadey around and mimicking her every move, until about 6:00. Then the demon came out, and the aftermath of not sleeping worth a darn the day before finally caught up. She was a peach, let me tell ya. But all in all Christmas was a great time (Even though Jody and I hate Christmas, it was fun to see all the kiddos opening up their presents and playing together.), but thankfully I get to take the stupid tree down today and get my living room back in order!
Kadey's a pro at opening presents. However, she didn't seem to believe us when we kept telling her this was a jacket (it's upside down, Bug!).
Two-ton-Tessie had to help Taylor with her presents. As is common at this age, someone was waaaaay more interested in the paper than the stuff inside.
Wow! I got a Buzz Lightyear!
......and the fit-throwing begins. Mommy had to finish opening her presents because she refused to participate any more.
Trying out the awesome new chair from Papa Val and Gigi.
She would watch Kadey, and try and do exactly what she was doing.
Uncle Jered just wanted to play with the toys.....
What are you lookin' at?
Trying out the new trike from Aunt Stacy and Uncle Frank. Her legs are barely long enough, but she started to get the hang of it pretty quick!
No comments:
Post a Comment