Sunday, December 5, 2010

We Wish You A Gaudy Christmas!

Well I finally broke down and put up the Christmas decorations yesterday. In years past we've really struggled to hit the sales at all the right times so that we could have enough ornaments to make our poor tree not look so bare and Charlie Brown-esque. This year however, Jody's grandmother passed down some of her hand made ornaments to add to our collection, and even though I tried to cram as much on our little tree as I could, we still have a TON that didn't get used. I don't know why, but I almost feel a little guilty, like I'm wasting if I don't put them all out. So, as it stands, our tree sorta looks like it came from Liberace's estate sale, but who cares, I can at least say that we're using all of our resources.

Also, please be sure and note our super awesome stocking hanger that's waaaaaay too long for the bookshelf on which it is perched.


Our cramped and gaudy Christmas corner. I had to totally rearrange my living room to cram this little bit of stuff in. And no, that's not a painting of Jesus looking down fondly at our beer-can tree topper, it's the Dude from "The Big Lebowski."


The first picture had to be taken very quickly, because I could hear the stomp-stomp of spud feet behind me making a beeline for my finished work.

No comments:

Post a Comment