Sunday, December 26, 2010

This Time, I'm Going Energy Efficient

I remember when I was pregnant with Taylor, I was still finishing up school, busting my hump in clinicals 3 days a week, and studying to take my national registry. And amidst all of that I still had time to plan a wedding (albeit it wasn't a fancy wedding or anything, but dammit it was a lot of work!), do prenatal pilates every day, and still manage to suck down a few O'Doul's at any social gathering that happened to come up.

Yeah, this time, not so much. Seriously, I'm doing good to bathe and put on clean clothes every day. I am averaging once a week for actually styling my hair (the rest of the time you can see me sporting a Steven Segal ponytail), and I honestly can't remember the last time I shaved my legs. I'm surprised Jody hasn't already moved out due to that last point alone.

This kid might be part vampire, because it's truly sucking all of my energy from me. I don't know if it's because I'm actually working full time now, or the fact that with a toddler in the house the chores and picking up never come to an end. But either way, the thought of doing anything other than laying on the couch until bedtime (or until I pass out on said couch and wake up in a pool of my own drool at 3:00 a.m. because my darling hubby knows better than to wake the sleeping beast) absolutely does not appeal to me. It's a miracle we haven't all starved to death seeing as how I'm not much of a cook these days, thank god for frozen pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment