Ok, as with all my posts these days, this is a little on the late side. But I am happy to report that we survived another Thanksgiving holiday relatively unscathed! This year we continued in our tradition of making the road trip to Ft. Worth to hang with my mom and do the big DeWitt Thanksgiving extravaganza. Unfortunately for us, this year Taylor has decided that she is not riding in the carseat for more than two hours, period. Each way we were serenaded with her screams (literally, the child screamed at the top of her lungs) for two hours non-stop. Now, I know what you're gonna say - give the kid a break, she needs to get out and stretch her legs. Well, I can tell you that we did indeed try that several times to no avail. Finally she would wear herself out and crash for a little bit, during which time Jody and I drove like banshees. You need to potty? Tough, you're gonna hold it.
But once we arrived we had a great time playing with Lovie and Poppie, and all the rest of the wild crew that I claim as my family. This year's turnout was a bit smaller than usual, but we were still happy to get to visit with everyone. And as my cousin Zach mentioned, the lower attendance meant that you didn't have to knock anyone down to get the side dishes that you wanted.
After a couple of days in the metroplex we headed out again to see Jody's crew in Gruver. Taylor has grown quite attached to her Grandpa, and followed the poor guy all day wanting him to carry her around and to stare intently at his mustache whiskers.
Finally, we made it back home, only somewhat the worse for wear. I have vowed that we are not taking a long road trip again without the assistance of a DVD player to keep Taylor entertained in the car. Stay tuned, hopefully I can get our Christmas tree up and get some pics of it posted before New Year's.
Wow, Lovie. All that boxing you've been doing is really paying off.
Playing fetch with Great Grandpa DeWitt. Yes, my kid will fetch. I told you, she's gifted.
Trying so very hard to climb up on the furniture. Don't worry though, she mastered it about five minutes later.
World's biggest sippy cup.
Playing with Grandpa on a spare mattress. See, this is where Jody comes up with his creative ideas for toys (i.e. - giving Taylor rides around the house on the hand-truck).
Taylor and her cousin Kaylen working very intently on making a "meal" out of play dough.
No comments:
Post a Comment