So far I have survived the hottest, driest summer on record in Amarillo (kinda like I survived one of the hottest, driest summers in San Antonio in 2009), all the while carrying around a lot of extra weight, water, and a whole person.
You can see I'm just oozing with enthusiasm at this point. Also, forgive the heinous grey shorts, they're the only ones left that fit me.
But the end is finally in sight! I will be induced on the morning of the 12th at the absolute latest, I'm still holding out hope that she'll come before then, but realistically I just don't see it happening. But in the meantime we have gotten everything ready for Ava, her little corner of the world is ready for her to make her entrance. I won't lie, I'm a little sad that once again I don't get to paint an actual nursery, we're just kinda working the crib into our spare bedroom. But I keep reminding myself that next year when we buy a house I'll get to go all out on the girls' room.
Ta-da!
A little closer view of the bedding.
So for the next week and a half we're just laying low and enjoying our last few days as a threesome. Also, we have Taylor's second birthday this Wednesday (guess who's not prepared again this year?). I think we're going to keep the whole affair pretty low key, I just don't have the energy for a big blowout. I won't lie, it did even cross my mind to just skip having any sort of party altogether this year, but eventually guilt won out.
So keep an eye out for new pictures this week, and also if anyone has any secret voodoo remedies that will get Ms. Ava here before the 12th, feel free to share, I'm willing to try almost anything at this point!
No comments:
Post a Comment